Day Visits and Group Tours
Standard Group Visit includes:
Group tours focusing on the imagery and symbolism contained within the Temple, a brief history of Buddha’s life and an explanation of how the Temple and its grounds are used by people seeking peace and spiritual inspiration
Practical explanation of how to meditate and the benefits of meditation
15-minute beginner-friendly guided meditation that will give you a chance to de-stress and enjoy an experience inner peace
Discussion on how meditation and Buddhism relate to modern day life
Time to enjoy the World Peace Café, gift shop and bookstore and 82 acres of nature trails and peaceful gardens
School Field Trips
Day-field trip agenda
- An interactive, guided tour of a modern Buddhist Temple which will include explanations of the art, statues and traditional symbolism found within
- An exploration of the core values and beliefs found within Buddhism A brief history of Buddhaʼs life and how his teachings continue to impact contemporary society
- A 15-minute guided breathing meditation that will give students the opportunity to reduce stress levels and enjoy an experience of inner peace
- Time to enjoy the World Peace Café, gift shop, bookstore and 82 acres of nature trails and peaceful gardens
School Visit Pricing
for Elementary/Middle/High School Students
- $2.50 per student ages 5-18 (including chaperones)
- $7 – Vegetarian lunch with our community
- Students are also welcome to bring packed lunches
Group visit Pricing
$10 per person
Vegetarian lunch with our community | $7
Lunch must be booked in advance. Meals may include dairy, eggs and gluten and are prepared in a kitchen where tree nuts are used.
More About Visiting KMC NY
Food & DiningCommunity Meals Our home cooked vegetarian meals are served in our community dining room in the Main House building. Vegan and wheat-free options are usually offered at each meal. When you stay onsite a self-serve breakfast is included and lunch and...
Working Visits & VolunteeringWorking Visits Our working visit program is a great way to experience life at Kadampa Meditation Center New York and put your compassion into action. In exchange for 35 hours of voluntary work, working visitors can receive dormitory...
AccommodationsStaying at the Center Onsite accommodation is available for those attending courses or for those who wish to come and take a break. You do not need to attend a course to stay at the center. The center is open to guests throughout the year. Rooms are...
Getting HereGetting to Kadampa Meditation Center New York is easy! By car, you can arrive from New York City in about 2 hours depending on traffic. Getting here by public transit is another good option. Both train and bus options are available from NYC and other major...