November 12-17, 2021
with Gen Samten Kelsang
LIVESTREAM & IN-PERSON
This retreat will be available to watch on-demand through Monday, November 22 at midnight
In this five-day guided retreat, we will learn how to use meditation on the mind to experience greater peace, clarity, and well-being. Derived from the Buddhist Mahamudra tradition, you will be led on a voyage of exploration of your mind through which you can discover your own inner potential for lasting peace and happiness.
During the weekend we will also be learning about Buddha’s teachings and meditations on the “The Four Seals of Mahamudra”. These are four special insights into reality that enable us to experience the liberating wisdom of Mahamudra, the true nature of things.
Over this course, we will explore extraordinary topics such as:
- The peaceful nature of our own mind
- Subtle impermanence (learning to let go of negative minds)
- The origin of our suffering and how to abandon negative minds
- The practice of meditation and the path to true happiness
- Realizing the liberating wisdom of ultimate truth, emptiness.
Full Retreat: $130
Saturday-Tuesday: $30 per day
Accommodation: varies (sold separately)
Meals: $5 each lunch/supper
There are three parts to registration – course fee, accommodations and meals.
Wednesday, September 29 at 12pm
Our COVID-19 Guidelines
Updated September 10, 2021:
The CDC has designated Sullivan County, NY as a “substantial transmission” area in the US. Based on this, the CDC recommends and Sullivan County is asking that both vaccinated and unvaccinated people wear masks indoors:
* We are asking all residents and guests to wear masks (covering both nose and mouth fully) in all common areas of the houses and center buildings.
* When entering the Temple, World Peace Cafe, and Shop, everyone should wear a mask. In the cafe, please just take off your mask to eat or drink. In the meditation, please wear your mask covering nose and mouth fully throughout the session.
* Please refrain from chanting prayers out loud.
* Volunteers who are serving food in the dining room or helping in the cafe and shop should wear masks.
* In the dining room, please wear your mask until you are seated and eating.
* As much as possible, please try to eat outside weather-permitting–both in the dining room and the cafe.
* In the interest of the safety of everyone who attends, as an organization we strongly request that unvaccinated individuals don’t stay in dorm or shared accommodations because face coverings cannot be worn and proper social distancing cannot be maintained in these spaces, but instead book private/single rooms, camping or offsite accommodations.
* We ask that everyone booked in the Dorms and Shared Room accommodations provide a Proof of Negative COVID-19 test before arrival, regardless of vaccination status, since face coverings cannot be worn and proper social distancing cannot be maintained in these spaces.
This means you should plan to receive either: (1) a negative test result from a PCR COVID-19 test taken within 72 hours before your arrival to KMC New York OR (2)a negative test result from a COVID-19 Antigen test (a rapid test) taken within six hours of your arrival to KMC New York. This includes the at-home test kits.
* We will update you if any of our policies change, but please know we might have to change guidelines at any time based on CDC, state and/or local guidelines.
Gen Samten Kelsang
Gen Samten Kelsang is an ordained Buddhist monk and is the Resident Teacher of Kadampa Meditation Center New York. He has been studying and practicing Buddhism for over thirty years and is one of Geshe Kelsang Gyatso’s most senior students.