Viewing the Online Fall Festival
with empowerment and teachings
with Gen-la Kelsang Dekyong
Registration now open, please see below
You’re invited to join in a unique online festival experience at the World Peace Temple in Glen Spey, NY!
Join your Kadampa family during the International Fall Festival at KMC New York
- Experience watching the online Festival teachings in the Kadampa World Peace Temple in NY.
- Reconnect with your Sangha friends in-person
- Enjoy the cafe and gift shop on your session breaks
- Explore the Temple grounds and surrounding Catskill area in the Fall
Seating is limited and only open to those who register for the International Fall Festival.
WHAT YOU MUST DO TO ATTEND AT KMC NEW YORK
- Register for International Fall Festival at kadampafestivals.org/fall
- After you book for the Fall Festival, book here for a seat in the Temple (registration coming soon). If you are not staying onsite, you are welcome to book a seat in the Temple for as little or as many days as you want, as long as you are booked for the Fall Festival.
- Select accommodations and meals if you would like to stay onsite (optional). We still have private single rooms (must be booked for 4 nights minimum), shared and dorm rooms (two-night minimum) available. Please see more details on accommodations below, including COVID requirements.
- Send us your festival confirmation from your registration to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Any sessions you cannot make at the Temple, you can watch online. You will receive viewing links from your Festival booking
****FOR ATTENDING THE VIEWING OF THE FESTIVAL IN THE TEMPLE, YOU DO NOT HAVE TO ATTEND THE ENTIRE WEEK THAT YOU HAVE BOOKED; YOU CAN COME TO ANY SESSIONS FOR THAT WEEK BY JUST REGISTERING FOR A SEAT IN THE TEMPLE & ANY MEALS YOU WISH TO HAVE.
REMEMBER: THERE IS NO CHARGE TO WATCH IN THE TEMPLE SINCE YOU ARE BOOKED FOR THE NKT-IKBU FALL FESTIVAL ONLINE****
The below information is subject to change dependent upon state regulations.
The CDC has designated Sullivan County, NY as a “substantial transmission” area in the US. Based on this, the CDC recommends and Sullivan County is asking that both vaccinated and unvaccinated people wear masks indoors:
* We are asking all residents and guests to wear masks (covering both nose and mouth fully) in all common areas of the houses and center buildings.
* When entering the Temple, World Peace Cafe, and Shop, everyone should wear a mask. In the cafe, please just take off your mask to eat or drink.
* Please refrain from chanting prayers out loud.
* Volunteers who are serving food in the dining room or helping in the cafe and shop should wear masks.
* In the dining room, please wear your mask until you are seated and eating.
* As much as possible, please try to eat outside–both in the dining room and the cafe.
* In the interest of the safety of everyone who attends, as an organization we strongly request that unvaccinated individuals don’t stay in dorm or shared accommodations because face coverings cannot be worn and proper social distancing cannot be maintained in these spaces, but instead book private/single rooms, camping or offsite accommodations.
* We ask that everyone booked in the Dorms and Shared Room accommodations provide a Proof of Negative COVID-19 test before arrival, regardless of vaccination status, since face coverings cannot be worn and proper social distancing cannot be maintained in these spaces.
This means you should plan to receive either: (1) a negative test result from a PCR COVID-19 test taken within 72 hours before your arrival to KMC New York OR (2)a negative test result from a COVID-19 Antigen test (a rapid test) taken within six hours of your arrival to KMC New York. This includes the at-home test kits.
* We will update you if any of our policies change, but please know we might have to change guidelines at any time based on CDC, state and/or local guidelines.
Meals: Please register for lunch and/or dinner at the time of booking. Due to limited space indoors, you may have to eat outside. If you book accommodations, breakfast is included with your accommodations.
Accommodations: We will have onsite accommodations available, including private rooms, dorm and shared rooms at 50% capacity; please book your accommodations at the time of booking.
Our private (deluxe and single) accommodations must be booked for the entire festival; shared and dorm spaces can be booked with a two-night minimum.
Please note: our accommodations are not en-suite, so all of our accommodations have shared restrooms. You can find more information on our accommodations here.
In the interest of the safety of everyone who attends, as an organization we strongly request that unvaccinated individuals don’t stay in dorm or shared accommodations because face coverings cannot be worn and proper social distancing cannot be maintained in these spaces, but instead book private/single rooms.
Those staying in dorms/shared accommodations will be required to bring a negative COVID test at check-in, either a PCR test taken within 72 hours of arrival, or an antigen test (including at-home test) taken within 6 hours of arrival; more details will follow on this.
If you have questions, please contact email@example.com.
As mentioned above, these are our current guidelines. We will notify you if anything changes. Further, we may have to cancel onsite guests last minute depending on New York State regulations and guidelines at that time.